Monday, February 25, 2008

WHAT A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

Well I went into this weekend, thinking it was going to be horrily boring weekend. It was the weekend of Thom's annual spring conference.(There is two every year, one fall in Park City, and a spring one in St. George) And they are generally SOO boring, plus we have to pay for sitters, and you sit in a conference, pay for an expensive dinner(that is not even that good), and listen to a bunch of BORING guys talk. So needless to say I was NOT looking forward to this weekend. But then it turns out that my brother's annual confernece was also this weekend, down in St. George. So I was able to hang out with my sister while Thom prepared for his conference. We went shopping and had lots of fun! We had not seen them in 9 months, so it was so good to see them and hang out with Sheri!
And while I was out shopping Thom was busy preparing for the conference. As his team was in charge of it this year (the recruiting command in Utah has around 300 guys and is divided into 5 teams, Thom's being team 5) they decided to make this years conference a more family friendly conference, just a weekend of fun with your family. So it was alot of work leading up to this weekend, but I must say they did a GREAT job! There was horse rides, ATV/rhino rides, mechanical bull rides, climbing wall, and for the children: movies, Xbox, coloring, face painting. Our kids had a BLAST! The dinner was good and it was very reasonably priced for what we ate. And there was only a few boring speakers:) And the award ceremony was great. Thom actually was called up and recognized at least 3 times! I was so proud of him, he is the most successful one so far this year (out of the 300 of them), so I am very proud of him:)! And General Tarbot spoke(for those who don't know as I did not know, the General is directly under President Bush), he speaks at all of the conference dinners and he is actually very encouraging and uplifting to me. He helps me make it through another year. he always applauds the families of the men, as he understands the hecticness of the job, and the sacrifices that the families make. And he is so encouraging that he makes you want to be the most supportive wife, and he justs makes me feel so good inside:) It is very encouraging to be with the other wives who understand the hours and the frustrations of the job. I always come out of the conferences with a renewed sense of pride ofr our country and patience for the job.
But it was really nice, cause we were expecting to have to take the kids with us, as my parents had other plans one babysitter had to work and the other one was already sitting other kids. So we paid for dinner for the kids and went to play for the weekend with them. They had a blast! But Will is teething and was MISERABLE the entire time (fever, runny nose, in pain, CRYING the whole time). So I was going insane! But luckily I ran ito one of my friends at Wal Mart and she offered to take the kids for us. So I took the kids over there during the dinner, it was so sweet of her, and again, thank you so much Misty, you are the BEST! But apparently Will was a perfect angel for her, and slept most of the time. So we were able to 'enjoy' the dinner:) So what the weekend that I was going into thinking it was going to be miserable, turned out to be alot of fun:)
Rylie LOVED riding the horses. But it did rain the whole day before so the fields were muddy, and there was some concern taking the horses out too far. So on the first day Friday, they walked the kids around the closest field, and would not let them go out alone, or even without a lead. Rylie's lead was thom's friend Brent, here he is leading the horse around, and she is LOVING it!

Then we went out on an ATV ride, but we decided to take the rhino out so we could take all the kids with us. Friday was not so nice(it was overcast and cold), so we decided to tak eit back out on Saturday, cause Saturday was abaolutely GROGEOUS day, about 60 degrees and sunny! And while we were out on Saturday my cellphone must have fallen out cause it did not make it back with us. So now I am out my cellphone:( But I called and they are sending a new one out to me and I should have ti tomorrow:) But i did lose all my numbers and pictures:( But it was so fun out there that it was worth it:)
Mommy and Pooh Bear on Friday
Rylie, Nic and kaiden on Friday (Makayla did not go on Friday she was scared to go)Our rhino from Friday
Rylie riding the horse on Friday.
She is so cute!
Makayla is a butterfly on Saturday!
Rylie is a tiger!
Kaiden LOVED the mechanical bull!


There are a lot of pictures and fun stuff I did not get as my camera was locked in my car, and my keys were in my purse, which was locked in Thom's office, and his keys were locked in his office as well. So it took us most of the day Saturday to get into the office and get my keys to get my camera. So you missed out on alot of things, but here is a quick overview. And we had SOO much fun!:)



No comments: