Thursday, February 28, 2008

MY NEW DOG!!!

Well my neighbor came over yesterday morning and said, "Didn't you tell me you wanted a German Shepherd?" I said yes, I do. Well his son had rescued one from some rescue group in Arizona, with the thought of finding her a home. So his son brought this dog over. And I fell in love, of course:) But she was not exactly what I wanted. She is a Shepherd but she is only 9 months old, and I wanted something older, already trained, cause honestly I have 5 kids, I do not have the time to train a puppy as well. But she was so sweet and the kids LOVE her, that we decided to give her a home. She has been perfect, but she is VERY spoiled already. It amazes me how quickly we can spoil an animal. We are animal lovers so I guess it is not hard. I did not even realize the bad habits we were already instilling in her. She spent the better part of the day on the couch in our room. She has not had an accident on my new carpet yet *knock on wood*. But she was supposed to spend the night outside, but she cried and whined out there, so she spent the night on the couch in our room. Even this morning she did not want to go outside, she cried. So now I need to figure out a way to unspoil her. But the kids love her so much and she really is a very good dog, that I think she will be worth the extra time needed to train her.

This is not a good picture, cause it was taken with my phone and she was sleeping when I called her to take it. This is our new dog Neisha.

No comments: