Tuesday, February 19, 2008

DENTIST

Well we had to take two kids to the dentist yesterday for their 6 month checkups. Yesterday was Nic and Kayla. I do two at a time, and I divide them up, one crier, one brave one, each trip, this makes the dentist so much easier for us all:) Being President's Day, Thom took the day off to spend with us, and he came with us, that helped alot!:) After the initial cleaning and flouride treatment, we waited for the dentist to come in and check them out. I knew we had some issues in Makayla's mouth, cause her mouth is sooo small. She lost 4 baby teeth on bottom, and only 2 adult teeth have grown in, but they have taken up the whole spot of 4 teeth. At previous visits the dentist had said that we would probably have to extract some teeth to make room in her mouth, but I was under the impression that it would be a few years away. But turns out he wants to extract 2 bottom baby ones now, and then we will see what happens, he thinks that in time he will have to take out 4 adult teeth. But he wants to make enough room for her front adult teeth to come in straight and then figure out the rest as it goes on. I guess the short of it is that she has daddy's big teeth, and mommy's little mouth. And she also needs to get her adult molars sealed. So she has an appointment next week to have two teeth extracted and her molars sealed. Poor baby, I feel so bad for her. She gets so nervous, I am very worried about her. But I rescheduled Kaiden, and Ry's chekcup for the same day so I can be in the back with her. Cause normally they will not let you be in the back while they administer the gas, but I will already be back there, so... I guess we should just feel blessed that we have not had any cavities. 5 kids and no cavities, must be a record or something:) oh but wait I should not speak to soon, it has been 6 months since Ry and Kaiden were checked, hopefully they will come back clear next week as well.:)
Augh, the adventures of keeping 5 kids well maintained:)

No comments: