Monday, January 14, 2008

WHAT A WEEKEND!!!

Well the weekend was pretty uneventful. First we sat and watched football all day Saturday, BORING!!:) But the Packers did win so, WAHOOOO!!!!

But anyways, things were pretty uneventful until Saturday evening, well Sunday morning. Nic was being your typical 3 year old, obnoxious:) We put everyone to bed and all was fine. Makayla had been coughing for a few days, but had no other symptoms and nobody had even developed the cough. So I was treating her cough and all was fine. Well back to Saturday night, we put the kids to bed. And I was awakened at 4:06 Sunday morning, and woke Thom up, had him go check out the noises I was hearing. It was Nic, he was trying to get a drink cause his throat was hurting, now this was fine, but the problem was, was that he was coughing and gasping for air, as he could not breathe. So we tried to wait it out, we calmed him down, gave him a sucker and sat with him on our bed, and I took him outside knowing that the cough he had was probably croup, as he has already had it twice. But after half an hour he was still not breathing real well, so I got dressed and took him to the ER, now the ER is half an hour from our house. So it has now been an hour since he started having this attack. I can not imagine what is wrong with him, it sounds like croup to me, but he has NO other symptoms, he was perfectly healthy when he went to bed. Or I thought it might have been an asthma attack, but I have no experience where this is concerned. Well after a really jerky doctor checked him out, he said it was croup. Gave him a breathing treatment as well as a steroid, and sent us on our way. So we then went across the street to Harmon's and got him a big bag of candy, ( had to bribe him to get him in the car with me at 4:30:) ). But the doctor gave explicit orders to keep him away form the baby, as well as the others, who seemed to be coughing, he assumed that Makayla brought it home from school, and that is why she has been coughing so much, and it just did not affect her as bad cause she has a bigger airway. But if the baby got it, he may need to be hospitalized (which Nic was when he had it the first time when he was about the same age as Will is now). So we got home, and tried to get some sleep. But Thom ended up taking the girls to church without me or the boys, we stayed home and rested. But all the kids have developed a cough, all except the baby, PTL!!! And we actually had a sick day today. Kaiden stayed home from school, and we all rested. Makayla is feeling better, and she went to school. I am struggling to keep the baby away from everyone but it is HARD, he is a lot faster than me nowadays:) I am not feeling too well today, I have been feeling a head cold, sinus infection coming on for a couple days now, and I woke up about 5:30 this morning and could not move. I have the hugest knot in my neck and shoulder, which is giving me a headache, and I cannot move my head in any direction:) So it has been an interesting and unhealthy few days for us here. But so far the baby is healthy:) So I am praising God for that, and praying His continued protection on him:) And we are looking froward to feeling better this week:)
**Now with 5 kids, it is not usually very long between ER visits:), this time it was only a month between visits, hopefully it will be longer next time:)***

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Booooo! to the Packers winning! We were rooting for the Seahawks of course!

Carolyn said...

Hope you guys feel better soon! We're still getting over croup here. It stinks!

Nadeau Family said...

Gosh! I am so glad everyone is okay....I don't think I'm quite ready for those scary, middle-of-the night, rush to the hospital moments. Hopefully we don't have too many around here....good luck and hopefully everyone feels better soon.

-Chris & Kelly