Thursday, January 17, 2008

SICKIES, SICKIES, SICKIES:(:(:(

Well things are not getting any better for us here:( The kids are coughing there little heads off. We decided to have a family night last time, I took the kids to Adventure Pizza, where Thom met us, as he had been out of town again. Then we took the kids to see the Bee Movie, it was cute, but the baby did not want to sit still through it, and the others were coughing so hard we had a hard time paying attention. So after that since we were already in town we headed to our pediactrican's night clinic. We waited there for 2 hours before we finally got seen. Kaiden has a real bad sinus infection and a pulled muscle in his upper thigh. Kayla and Rylie also have the sinus infection. Nic has croup still, I guess, and Will of course has a double ear infection. So all five of the kids are on antibiotics, as well as cough syrup. Now I had had Nic to the ENT earlier in the day for a consult for his tonsils coming out. And while at the doctor last night, the doctor recommend the girls get theirs out as well (Kaiden has already has his out). SO, I have been on the phone trying to schedule them appointments with the ENT to get tonsils and tubes(as Will's doctor has already said he will need them if he gets another ear infection so soon). But the best the ENT can do for me is the end of February:(, with surgeries maybe going into March:( So I am not sure how the next month is going to be for us. But hopefully the next 10 days of antibiotics will kick what they have now, and help them till they get in to the ENT and get surgery. Now if mom can just start feeling better, so I can help them get better:)

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Sorry they're not feeling better.

Oh I can totally relate. We're still sick here, a little bit. This has just been a bad winter! Right now they both mostly have skin issues with Lacy's eczema flaring up and Rose's diaper rash reaching new lows, keeping her up at night from the itching. I think it's eczema as well. I even have switched to disposable diapers for nighttime. It goes so completely against everything I stand for, but I will use them to help my baby heal. We're facing the prospect of having tonsil surgery as well. I am very wary of surgery and I don't want to inflict pain on my wee ones, especially if the effects aren't so huge, but I may end up going with the tonsilectomy. Lacy requires 13-14 hours of sleep each night (she does not nap though) and I think she would need less if she slept better. I think that might help. I don't know. I'm so conflicted.