Monday, January 7, 2008

GOALS FOR 2008

Well I have been doing a lot of thinking about the new year, and I do want to change and be a better overall person:) So far I feel like I am doing good, granted we are only 7 days into the new year:) Now some of these sound outrageous, like why are you not already doing that? But well obviously I am not.
1. LOSE 50 POUNDS!
A.START EATING BETTER
a. correct, healthy portions, no eating after 6:00 dinner
B. EXERCISE MORE
a. begin exercising daily, setting aside at least 30 minutes a day for exercise. (on this one I have been getting up early and instead of sending the kids off to the bus, we all get up, bundled up and me and the other 3 kids take the two to the bus stop, and then we proceed to go on a mile walk, before we go home and begin our day, it is actually very refreshing, and we enjoy our time out, playing:) )
(now this one I am doing pretty good on:) )
2. BE A BETTER WIFE
a. let it go!
b. suck it up and deal!
c. more loving and supportive
d. be calm and cool
3. BE A BETTER MOM
a. get kids on a schedule
b. make time for my kids(make them a priority, not my laziness)
c. lovingly speak to them always!
d. don’t take my frustrations out on them (deal with my issues before I deal with the kids)
e. don’t fight in front of them!
f. be calm and cool
g. get down and play with my kids(interact more with them)
4. BE A BETTER CHRISTIAN
a. have my quiet time every morning before I get out of bed
b. get into the Word more
c. get involved in Bible studies wherever possible, and follow through with them
d. turn to God first!
5. BE A BETTER HOMEMAKER
a. do laundry every day!
b. make sure house is clean before we go to bed
6. BECOME FINANCIALLY SECURE
a. stick to the budget!
b. save money, don’t take it out of savings, for anything!
c. never borrow money again!
7. OTHER THINGS
a. remember I have my children in the car, obey all traffic rules
b. be a person that I can be proud of
c. be the person my husband fell in love with and still wants around
So actually as I read these over again this morning typing this, I am doing really good:) I have actually so far (for a whole 7 days) been keeping to my goals. Things are going really good for all of us this year so far. The kids are really enjoying being back in school after their week and a half long Christmas break. Thom is overwhelmed with his work after taking the week and a half off for Christmas break with the kids. He is struggling to catch up on his work, and get in contact with his guys. And we are still waiting on test results about his kidney stones:( Yes, he has attacks of them at least once a week still. So we are anxiously awaiting these test results to fix him once and for all:)

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

First of all, love the new blog look! Very nice!

And I love your goals! I think we have a lot in common, and want to improve in some of the same areas. We're working on becoming financially independent as well. We actually have a financial plan right now that will not increase our monthly spending but will pay off our mortgage and all our other debts in 14 years. If we pay extra, it will be even sooner! If you have a mortgage, you can do it too. It's really cool the way it works. Dave will have to come out and show you guys how it works.

Good luck with your goals! I can't wait to see how we both did on our goals at the end of the year!

PS- I'm really enjoying reading your blog. I feel like I know you so much better now! YEA for technology!