Wednesday, January 30, 2008

UPDATE

Well I think things are finally going good for us here:) We left the house yesterday and went to play at McDonald's with some friends, this is the first time in WEEKS we have been out of the house, everyone is finally done with their antibiotics and feeling better. Let's just hope things stay this way.

This is what our front yard looked like Monday afternoon. Now we live in the desert! But yes this is snow, our first and generally only snow of the year, every now and then we get hit with a good storm that produces some snow, we love it! When the kids got home from school they all went out to play in the snow, I laughed cause you would have thought there was at least a foot or more out there the way they were playing in it! They LOVED it! I think we are going to have to take them up to our friends' house in Pine Valley, this is about an hour from us, but it is in the mountains and they have TONS of snow. So I think some day this month we are going to have to go take a trip out there and play for the day.
The only bad thing is that Thom had to go up to Salt Lake Sunday afternoon, as the storm was rolling in, to get his computer fixed for work. And as he was headed home on Monday afternoon the storm was so bad up near Salt Lake that he had to turn around and take the trailer back to the office and when he got there the Commander saw him, and he grounded all personnel, no one was allowed to drive ANYWHERE. So he got snowed in for another night up there, and in the morning yesterday by the time the worst of the storm had passed, his truck(not used to 14 degree temperatures) would not run, so he got stuck there longer until the sun warmed the truck enough to start. LOL, it was such a frustrating trip for him. Well and us, but he did finally get home safe last night. There was so many accidents, that I am glad that he was safe in his hotel room. So I guess all worked out well after all:)!
William's ears are finally cleared up, there is still fluid in them but they are no longer infected. So now that he can her a little better, he is finally starting to really talk, I was so concerned that he would never talk! But he is crawling through the house as fast as he can now, and when he gets to a room with dad in it, he smiles, and chants"DA-DA", it is so cute, and he follows me around during the day while I am doing my housework and chores chanting "MA-MA". He is so cute, so he can now talk(a little late), but he is not just generally saying the words like they do at first, he has jumped right to knowing what he is saying and who he is saying it to:)
So we are finally all feeling better for a while I hope, I did not think we would ever get to all healthy EVER!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I don't think 10 months is that late to talk at all! I think he's right on schedule. My kids were both a little early, but saying mama and dada only 2-3 months before Will, which really isn't that much earlier when you think about it. Plus they're girls, who tend to talk earlier than boys.

Glad everyone's on the mend. We're recovering from what seems to be our 4th or 5th bout of illness this winter. And I'm exhausted.