Tuesday, February 24, 2009

WHAT HAVE I BECOME?????

Well five years ago today marks the beginning of my new life, and I have been asking myself all week what have I done with my life? And as of yet I have not come up with any answers:-), I will let you know if I do.




Five years ago today is when I had my ruptured aneurysm in my brain, that left me paralyzed and demented (I had sever dementia), and according to my doctor the chief of neurosurgery at the U of U(the number two in the nation), dead upon arrival. SO obviously I have made HUGE physical advances, and I am a HUGE MIRACLE of God's wonderful love and power! Unless you really know me, you would never know anything ever happen to me. But I still carry the scars, both physically and mentally. I will spare you the pictures of that time cause they are VERY scary! But honestly, I always thought God saved me for a purpose, that I am here for a reason, but five years later, I am still the same horrible person. I am still not the mother that I feel my kids should have, I am still not the wife I feel my husband should have. And the list just goes on. What is different today then that day five years ago? Aside from the fact that I am not 8 months pregnant? Nothing! Five years is a HUGE landmark, and I wanted to do something with my life, be someone! Any ideas on how to become the person you want to be or was intended to be?




We always spend the day of in fasting and prayer for our family and church family, and any needs in healing that we see. So today we are praying and fasting and we would love you all to join in with us. And then tomorrow, on the day that I finally came out of the brain surgery and they knew I would live , we have a big feast/party. So tomorrow we will be feasting at our church. We invite you all to join us there as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

5 Years ago. Where does the time go? That sure was a crappy time, but all of us have pulled through!

Love ya,
Mike