Monday, February 9, 2009

OUR NEWEST ARRIVALS

Well my babies finally came. They were a few days late, and I was getting worried. But she finally went into labor this morning. Of course, I freaked, LOL! I locked her in the laundry room and called Thom, and told him to get his butt home:-) She is so young, she is only 10 1/2 months old, I did not think she would be able to do this on her own. I went and jumped in the shower before Thom got home and when I came out she had one little one out, and she had done it all herself. The little one was all cleaned up and was nursing heartily. I was SOOO impressed! It took from about 10:00 this morning to 2:00 for her to deliver them all, so it took a long time, but she did it! She only had three, but they are all SO DANG CUTE!!! Obviously we are not sure what they are yet, but at this time we think they are all girls.

This is Liberty, the first born. Thom named her Liberty cause of the Liberty 'Bell', and because when he gets his dog he can say that it is "Chasing Liberty", LMAO, yeah lame I know, but whatever, I needed the laugh today, so it stuck:-)


This is Lucky, cause she is lucky to be alive, her mother tried to kill her!!!! Seriously, I was traumatized! This one was her third, so when she came out the other two were climbing on her and she totally ignored this one, she was just lying listlessly in between Belle's legs. I freaked out but luckily my good friend Maria was there, and she said chill out and picked up the baby and helped her then got Belle to finally take to her. Then we heard loud anxious baby screaming and we ran in there and Belle had thrown her out of the cupboard onto the tile floor beneath (only 6 inches but still), and she still had the after birth attached. I freaked again but again Maria stepped up and helped Belle out. About an hour later Belle finally had her cleaned off and was nursing her. It took her awhile to get attached to this one, but she finally did and all is well now:-)



And this one is Honey. Just cause she is so gosh darn cute!!!!:-)










These little ones are SOO precious!! And, yes, I am keeping them all:-) Though my mom and Maria may convince me to give them each one, we will see.:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. :)

Ashlee said...

Yay! My cat's first (and only) litter had 9 kittens...seriously. She decided that she only liked one of them. She would move him and leave the other 8 behind! We had to bottle feed them until they were old enough to give away.