Wednesday, August 6, 2008

YUM-YUM!!!

One of my favorite smells in the world is rain in the desert(right up there with newborn babies and a baby right out of the tub). And lately I have been enjoying this southern Utah weather. It is monsoon season( I am not sure if that is what you really call it, but that is what my father-in-law calls it, so...) it has been stormy down here, and the desert storms are AMAZING!!! I LOVE it here!!!! The past months weather has been SO fun! While I was cleaning up after the kids' dinner tonight, the rain started coming down in sheets, it was awesome! The kids all ran out to play in the rain, and I went out to watch and play with them. And it smells so good!!! I am sorry, this is rambley, but it makes me so happy:-) God's beauty down here AMAZES me everyday!! I LOVE living down here!!! I wish I have had my camera with me when I have been driving this last month, but I keep forgetting it at home, so I have not been able to capture, the beauty of 'monsoon' season, but I will try, I am sure it is not over, I hope it is not over yet:-)

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I also love the smell of desert rain. We hardly ever get that smell here in Washington, but occasionally we'll have it.

And my sister called it Monsoon season when she lived in Arizona, too.