Wednesday, August 13, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL PART 2

So Rylie started school today. And I am STRESSED! I am sure she will be okay, but her teacher did not leave me with good feelings when I dropped her off. I made sure her teacher knew she would be taking the bus home, and she said let me make sure I have all her information right. So she walks over to her paper and says, okay she will be going home on bus 308, I
said no, she is going home on bus 302. And she says no, it is 308. I said NO, it is 302, she says there is no 302, you must be mistaken. So this goes on back and forth for a few minutes, and she says okay lets go down to the office and take care of this. So we go to the office, and the ladies know me, so her teacher starts in about how she is confused about this bus system (she came from a different school, and apparently they did it different there) she says if they come on bus 308, shouldn't she go home on 308. And they said no, 308 is the kindergarten bus, then they turn look at me, an say yes, your kids go home on bus 302, DUH!!! So she starts going off about how is she supposed to know what to do with 30 kindergartners. So she takes off to go back to her classroom. And I followed her (I was not about to leave until I got her to understand so my daughter would make it home okay). I told her, all you have to do with my daughter is take her out to the bus and her brother and sister will pick her up and make sure she makes it onto the right bus. We are both really cranky by this time and she says yes, fine, yours will make it home on the right bus. So I finally leave, AAUUUGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! SO I am hoping Rylie gets home alright. I KNOW that as soon as Kaiden and Makayla get to her she will be alright. And the rule is NOBODY gets on the bus unless all three of you are together. So I am praying she will make it home, and not onto some strange bus going God knows where! Which has been known to happen more than once down here, the bus system is screwy. So why send them on the bus? Cause their school is like 10 miles one way. And I have to drive out there 3 times a day (so that would be 60 miles a day, 5 days a week, for 300 miles a week), and with gas prices and my gas guzzler, nope can't do it! I would go and watch them today and follow the bus,. which is what we generally do the first time they take the bus. I did this morning with Kaiden and Kayla. But I told my friend I would pick her kids up from the school cause she has to work. And they go to a different school then my kids. So I have to pick them up at 3:30, and then my kids get off the bus at our house at 4:00. So in general it works out great. But this first couple days are stressful for me! But we will be fine.
SHE IS SOOOO EXCITED FOR HER FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

HER AND HER TEACHER, MRS. THORNBERG (NOT TOTALLY IMPRESSED WITH HER)



1 comment:

Blonde African Americans said...

What a doll, she is a wonderful little girl that should be hugged 10 times a day -Raph