Wednesday, August 6, 2008

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?

Is life EVER going to calm down or be normal again?!?!?!?!? Things have been so crazy lately. I have been so stressed out, and well you know what happens when I get stressed out, I EAT!!! A LOT!!! Yeah, I have put on about 15 pounds in the last two months, AUGHHHHH!! And yes, I have tried to diet, but it just does NOT work!!! So anyhoo, that is not what this post is about. It is about the stress of my life, and the updating of it. The kids have been on summer break for over 2 months now, and they go back to school on Tuesday of next week. I actually finished all our back to school shopping. last weekend, wahoo, look at me go!!!:) I have three starting school next week, Kaiden will be going into 4th grade, Kayla into 2nd, and Ry will be starting Kindergarten. So during the day I will just have Nic and Will. I am looking forward to that, but I am also going to be missing the other kids. And I am definitely going to be missing the money of summer. I have been watching 14 kids (including my 5) during the days this summer, and now most are going back to school. And lets just say we were stupid, and adjusted our budget to the new income by buying two new vehicles, I KNOW it was dumb! And so now, it looks like I am going to have to go get a job out of the house, AAAAAHHHH unheard of! SO I am on a job hunt:( I was still supposed to have 3 kids, but 2 (they are sisters) of their moms called, and she is taking a voluntary layoff at her job cause they are so slow, and she was not even getting her hours the last month (I think I watch them a total of 5 days in the last two months). So now I am down to 1 baby 3 days a week. Which is nice cause I will have time with my boys, but is very hurtful to our financial life. So I am going to be deep in prayer about some more kids, or SOMETHING to happen! I KNOW God is going to provide for us, it is just so stressful! Also to top it off, our bank account has been suffering from fraud the last month. First it was my debit card number, so I filed a claim against those charges, received a new card and card number, thinking everything was fixed. Until yesterday, when I noticed MORE unknown charges on my account, I called the company directly, and he gave me my bank account number(not my debit number this time, but my actual bank account), and told me the charges were for my husband Chuck Tobin. HELLO?!?!?!?!? So I got that taken care of, he agreed to close that account, and refund me the money. And then I called my bank and they agreed to, if I bring my account positive(cause there was not money in our account for these charges!), she would not charge me the insufficient fees. So that was actually nice of my bank, I was happy with them for the first time EVER! So I have lost $900 a month, and Thom is looking at losing $300 a month because of government cutbacks. His job may be looking at getting rid of some recruiters, due to the cutbacks, but luckily Thom is number 1 on his team, so we should be okay, as far as losing jobs is concerned. So I have been MAJORLY stressed out about our finances. Thom is going to be going to Afghanistan in the next couple months, but it will only be for a brief time, maybe 2 weeks, he will be going as security to his friend john Smith, from the Smith and Bushman morning show! John is going to be doing a live week long broadcast from Afghanistan. But it is still a war zone, and it still scares me. Thom is SOOO excited to go!
And I seem to be having more mental problems lately than normal, and I ma not sure why that is. I don't mean that to be funny. I mean from my stroke, I have had problems thinking and reasoning things out (some 'things' don't line up right anymore, since my stroke, which has caused some problems in how and why I think). Which of course causes me to have more arguments with people, so I am not actually getting along too well with most people in my life, BLAH! I feel like...gosh I do not even know, but me and Thom have been at it lately. And he just does not seem to understand that it is not me, it is this 'disability' that I have.
And Will has been teething for over a month straight, AUGHHH!! He has been so miserable! Poor baby, he has a mouthful now though:) Speaking of Will, I brought him home during the older kids VBS and it was just me and him, I was working on our bank account on the computer in our room, and he was in the living room playing with the puppy (yes, the same one that is on his way to the pound) he was screaming and yelling and just playing together. And then it became quiet. So I went to check on him, and this is where I found him....He was just hanging out in his bath tub, playing with his bath toys, oh and the toothpaste the kids must have left on the floor(they do that often, why? cause they do not listen when I tell them they can't leave the tube on the floor, and then everybody blames it on somebody else! You know how it goes!)

This is Gavin, the little baby I will still have after all the other kids go back to school. He is being sweet here today, and fell asleep, eating his bottle. Yes I know his blanket here is pink, I am not quite sure why his mom sent him that one that day:-)

And these pictures are a couple weeks late, but better late then never:) Makayla taught herself how to ride her bike with no training wheels. I know she is kinda too old to just now be learning, but she was too scared, and then just kept practicing with her friend Tatum this summer, and she finally got over her fears and is doing great now:)






Actually things do not seem as bad when you sit and write it down, a lot of things were not even worth writing about once I got into it, so yeah, less rambling and venting for you!:-) Thanks for listening, and I am feeling better, and I KNOW God is going to take care of all my issues.


3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm sorry you're having such a crazy summer! Hopefully you can get it to calm down a little bit and figure out a way to make that car payment! I agree, the Lord always comes through! Though not always in the way we envision.

Blonde African Americans said...

I sure get a kick out of your stories, So your sending your puppy to the pound? Quiter! The cats have been pretty easy so far the kids are so afraid that I will take them back to the pound that they take extra special care of them and they are pretty good cat to begin with. Let me know what your gods say about your finances all we have is Fidelity Investments and they can't turn water into wine.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you guys.

Love,
Hannah