Saturday, May 24, 2008

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND?!?!?!?!

Well it is Memorial Day weekend, the typical beginning of summer. Well yesterday was the kids' last day of school, YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are now on Summer break till August 12th. But the weather is being difficult, it is not summer weather, or even the welcoming of summer weather. We have had record lows and record highs all in the same week. With record highs near 106 degrees, and records lows in the 50's(as a high for the entire day), my thermostat is on a roller coaster. It does not know what to do! As well as 50-60 mph winds, this weather sucks!!! So hear I sit on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend(when we should be camping, or 4-wheeling, or heck even fishing, to tip off the summer) couped up in my house cause it is too cold to go outside. I want summer!!! We had memorial weekend plans that we had to cancel due to the weather:( How can we tip off summer with such crappy weather? So I am bummed, cold weather makes me sad, which is why I live in the desert:) So I only have to deal with cold weather for 2ish months of the year:) And I know some of you are saying 50's? that's not cold. But when the temperatures have been hovering in the 90's-100's, that drastic of a cool off is COLD! That is all my ramblings I have for now:) I just hope we are able to salvage a BBQ on Memorial day from this weekend, with NO MORE rain!!!!!!:)

1 comment:

Blonde African Americans said...

We will remind you of this post when it 130 degrees down there in the shade. Still some time to come camping with us on the 8th :)