Friday, May 1, 2009

OKAY

So life has been....well life:-) Have you heard that new song by Darryl Worrly(sp?) "Sounds Like Life to Me." Great song, story of my life lately:-) Anyway. So Kaiden and Kayla went to the orthodontist this week. We(the orthodontist and I) have decided to wait 6 months before doing anything with Makayla's teeth, as he feels hers are still in the developing stages and it might harm he fragile teeth at this point in time. But Kaiden will be beginning the first stage of orthodontic work on Monday(yes, there are 2 expensive stages:-) ). he is actually really looking forward to it! Pooh has been real sick lately, AGAIN!!! I was up with him with a temp of 103, for a few nights, turns out he had strep AGAIN!!! So he is back on antibiotics, AGAIN!!! He has an appointment with his ENT, to see about getting his tonsils out to see if that may correct his repeatedly sick problem. Also he went in for his follow up hearing test, after the week of antibiotics in the ear. NOPE, still deaf. DANG IT! So now he has to go in for a sedated ABR, on the 14th of May. This is where he goes into the hospital and they sedate him and put electrodes on his brain stem and try to find out if the hearing loss is a permanent situation or if it can be corrected. So obviously I am freaking out. And of course, Thom has been real busy with work and not around to help me make these decisions, or to keep me calm:-) So I leave the audiologists office, and I am kinda freaking out, so I called my friend who works at the hospital, to ask her about this procedure, cause it sounds awfully terrifying to me! She tells me, that it is common, and she knows all the nurses, the doctor who is performing the procedure, and NOT TO WORRY about it, he is going to be just fine, he is in good hands, they will take care of him. And because by this time, I am bawling! She says she will be at work that day, so she will come up and sit with me and she will get me through it too:-) So it sounds scary, but I guess, he will be okay. And if all else fails, God is going to be the one performing it anyways, so what do I have to worry about, huh? So that is the status of where we are at. hopefully they will discover that it just something that can easily be corrected, cause he passed his hearing tests when he was born, so he can't REALLY be deaf, right?!?!?! So Kaiden will have braces on Monday, yeah! And hopefully the following week, Pooh will get fixed, or at least be headed in the right direction:-)

No comments: