Sunday, November 9, 2008

I QUIT!

Apparently we are just not dog people anymore. Maddie is going to the pound tomorrow when I get off work. Being older she is VERY mellow, which I love! Personality wise, we LOVE her. She is a great dog. Very sweet, she is not the watch dog that we want, but it is okay, Cause I think if someone were going to break in or look around our house to break in, you see a Rott, and you are not going to do it. So I thought she was going to work out great. BUT, she is having hip problems, and we can not afford that. So I was just thinking that, well we can make her as comfortable as we can in her last year or so, no problem. But then the problems began! She is old, and she does not have control of her 'bodily functions' and she was 'going' all over my house! I took her out this morning when we got up, and she peed. I came inside took a shower and began to get ready for church. Thom comes in and says that she peed in the living room, and I said I JUST took her out. He said well, she did. So I continued to get ready and get the kids ready. And Thom yells for me, I walk out into the living room, and am OVERWHELMED with the smell of poop. She had diarrhea and peed all over the toy room. OMG, it was SO overwhelming! SO we were late for church today while we cleaned the toy room, so within the span of an hour and a half, she peed in the house twice and had diarrhea, which diarrhea is fine, she is nervous, and new food, all that, but the POINT is she did it in the house. Also while cleaning the toy room we found a dry spot where she had peed yesterday. And most dogs will cower knowing they did wrong, but she is in total oblivion to it. She is getting old, and does not have control over it anymore, and I think she is becoming senile. I feel SO bad for her, but I cannot keep her in the condition she is in. But my heart is breaking for her. She is so sweet:( But I WILL NOT be using the pounds exchange policy, I am DONE with dogs!

No comments: