Saturday, November 8, 2008

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

That is right, as predicted, Addie is no more. She was an EXCELLENT watch dog, very sweet with the kids, listened, I felt good about her. But she had one bad habit, and we tried to break her of it, we tried to compensate for it. And NOTHING would work, and today was the final straw, she had to go. She WANTED/NEEDED to go outside. When the front door would open she would plow down everyone in her path to get outside then she would run, RUN! And keep running, I swear she was like Forest Gump, she just felt like running. So we ran with her every day, we walked her every day, we played ball with her every day. Nothing worked! AND, she could get out of the door herself, we have the lever handles, and she would pull it down, put her paw out and RUN. So we kept all the doors locked at all times, we only went in and out of the garage. Cause we really wanted to keep her, she was so good in the other areas that we wanted. But this morning she got out, (Thom had left for work and forgotten to lock the front door behind him), she plowed down all my kids on the front walk(who had gone out the garage), then RAN. On her way back, Kaiden grabbed her, and was walking her home. But my neighbor was out walking her three big dogs. Addie saw them, went running, dragging Kaiden along in the process (scrapped up his whole side up and down the ENTIRE thing), and attacked my neighbors three dogs. I finally got her dragged away from my neighbor (who by the way is REALLY upset with me), and threw her in the car, took her back to the pound. So I washed my hands of her. I am sad, cause she was everything we were looking for in a dog, but it just did not work out. The pound does not do refund, but you can exchange. So Rylie, FELL IN LOVE with this dog. So we brought home a Rottweiler, she is 8 years old. She is VERY mellow and calm. I do not think she will be the watch dog I wanted but maybe the looks of her will scare people away? Hopefully. I am not posting pictures right now, cause well, lets make sure this one works. I am telling you I have commitment issues with animals. But we do still have Belle. And she is a sweet thing. We love her, and we are in it for the long haul with her (well all but Thom, but I am bigger than him, LOL) The new dogs name is Maddie (short for Madison?), which Ry loves so I think we are going to keep it the same.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH geez! I'm sorry to hear about your dog troubles! Hopefully it will all work out! Old dogs are good, WAY more mellow!
Thanks for the comment...and don't worry, I'm not that skinny or anything...I still have a jelly belly and 15 lbs to lose!