Friday, November 16, 2007

NO MORE KIDNEY STONES

Well we are officially kidney stone free. Thom went in to have his surgery yesterday to remove the remaining 2 stones that were too big to pass on their own. All went well, he is in a good deal of pain today, but is happy that they are finally all gone. Our only concern is that the doctor saw one that was not on the scan, which means a new one appeared in a 4 day window. He still has not been able to 'catch' one so we have no idea what they are made of, or what is causing them, so we do not know what he has to avoid. But feel that this may become a more constant issue for him. So I am attempting to put him on a 'stone free' diet. A diet that eliminates the stone causing foods and drinks. Which is difficult because he LOVES everything on the list. Coffee, broccoli, nuts.....and I know he is going to be sneaking it all behind my back:( But I can only do what I can do, and the rest is up to him. But I am just glad that this month long ordeal of kidney stones is finally over.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

All I can say is, OUCH!!! Hope he's feeling better, and hopefully he'll keep to the stone-free diet!

Blonde African Americans said...

We are so happy for you...