Monday, November 12, 2007

KIDS SAY THE DARNEST THINGS

We had a wonderful trip from my brother and sister-in-law and their 6 children this weekend. And while we were preparing for their visit, I decided I needed to go to the grocery store for a few items. I decided I was going to go child free, and leave all the kids home with Thom. But Nic threw a fit wanting some time with mommy, so I took him with me. We had a fun time shopping and hanging out together. While we were checking out he asked for some candy. He picked out peanut M&M's, but he kept calling the Skittles, even though I kept correcting him. So we are driving home listening to our 'one, two, three' (Tim McGraw's, 'Like a Bird, the kids call it their one, two, three song), and not talking much. And out of nowhere Nic says, "Mom, skittles are good for my heart", while patting his chest. I laughed so hard. Why would he think that? And out of nowhere? Cracked me up, that kid is constantly keeping me rolling:)

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Kids are good for comic relief, that's for sure! What a cutie!