Tuesday, April 21, 2009

UPDATE ON BOYS

Well yesterday was an EXCEEDINGLY exhausting day!!!! I kept all the kids home from school. We started the day off by leaving the house at 8 am. And we headed to Will's audiologist appointment. I was thoroughly unimpressed with the doctors bedside manner. But he performed the tests. And his left ear, is doing fine. His right ear, is basically deaf right now. But because there is a tube in his ear, the doctor seems to think that it is just a clogged tube causing the problem. And he passed the rest of the testing just fine! So I called the his pediatrician. And he gave me a prescription ear drop to put in his ear for five days, and then he will need to go back in for another hearing test in his right ear. Hopefully this will correct the problem, if not...I am not sure what our next course of action will be. Either was he will need speech therapy:-(.
Then we ran a few errands.
Then we proceeded to the dentist. My mom showed up to help me here(God bless moms :-) ) And we are five for five, no cavities!!!!! But Kaiden and Makayla do need to see an orthodontist ASAP, before their teeth get any worse, they both have an appointment next Tuesday!
Then we proceeded to go to the ophthalmologist for Nic. He did GREAT!! He was so brave! I LOVED this doctor! Nic has 20/20 vision in one eye and 20/25 in the other. So NO issues! Praise God!!!
We finally got home after 3:30, I was SOOOO exhausted!!! Both physically and emotionally. And I never made it to Costco! Shoot, sometime this week I will!!!! I have to!

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

I don't know how you do it! I get exhausted just DRIVING to St George.

Unknown said...

I was about to say the same thing...I don't know how you do it!? You are amazing...I respect anyone that has children, especially when they have more than 1 or 2! Glad to hear that for the most part everything is ok and hopefully the ear drops will do the trick! :)

Blonde African Americans said...

Hawke is in speech and he LOVES it! It is like going to school. We do his homework every night like his sister and he gets stickers that earn him a prize every so often, he looks forward to it each week! Plus it's really encouraging for him as he pronunciates better and others understand him more, he doesn't have to repeat himself as much. -Good luck sweetie!-T

Britny said...

You are definately "Super Mom" I think you are amazing! Hope everything works out with Will. It is a good thing that you are getting a head start it was smart to take him to the ear doc! I can't believe how big all your babies are! Did you seriously take them all to Lego Land?!! You are super mom! miss you all!