Saturday, April 19, 2008

WEEKELY UPDATE

Well I have not been posting this week, because it has been a ROUGH week, I am so thankful that tomorrow is Sunday, a new week, and new luck and blessings hopefully:)
It all started last Sunday. Right after church Thom left for Salt Lake, he was due to be home the next day. Me and the kids were bored and my parents were out fishing and they called and invited us to go play int he water with them. So we went over there, they were only about 2 miles from our house. As we got there my mom came up the hill to help me get the kids down to the water. She grabbed both girls hands and I walked behind her with the 3 boys. We got to where they were at, and started down the hill, all was going well, until one of the girls started to slip, and my mom tried to pull her back up and ended up slipping herself, and she went down. (Yes, I am exceedingly guilty, thank you) Because she was down the hill we had to call 911 to get her out. So I raced to get a sitter, and actually beat the ambulance to the hospital(welcome to podunk, hick ville). I waited there with her and my dad, until the doctor finally came back with her test results, all was okay accept she had two breaks in one of her legs, which would require surgery to fix. So knowing what was wrong with her I went home to the kids (cause all they saw was Grandma fall, and then be loaded into the ambulance, so they were crying and freaking out thinking Grandma was dead), and waited until she was just about out of surgery, then I took the kids up to the hospital to see her. And this is how my whole week was. Spending time at the hospital supporting my mom, and taking care of the kids. All the while I was sick, I have a major sinus infection. She finally made it home on Tuesday. But since my dad had to go back to work, I have been spending most of my free time taking care of her. Oh and all the while this was going on, (it does not sound much like it but this was a VERY emotionally, mentally, physically draining experience.) Thom was supposed to be home on Monday(which was good cause I needed his help with the kids, so I could help my mom), but his trip got delayed till Tuesday. But unfortunately his kidney stones started acting up bad again, and he ended up back in the ER in Salt Lake, all day Tuesday. So his trip then got delayed to Wednesday. One of his colleagues up in Salt Lake ended up driving him home on Wednesday evening. So now I am taking care of him and my mom, and being sick. During this time I receive a phone call from my neighbor's husband. She has had a heart attack and two strokes over the last 2 weeks, and they need my help. So I am beyond stressed by this point! I feel like I am being pulled in so many ways!!! On Tuesday I took Nic and Will to their well-checks. And Will got 6, SIX, shots! So he has been cranky and not feeling good. I had a very good friend call me and offer to take the kids off my hands for a few hours on Tuesday night. It was so wonderful of her, thank you Misty, you are the best! So I was able to get a Blizzard(the largest one) and sit by myself for a couple hours and not think about ANYTHING! It was great. Then last night we had the boy scouts camp out. I am EXHAUSTED!!! They were up all night, and then they were up SO early. It was an exhausting experience! And today we spent all day at the kite festival, outside in the sun and wind(more exhausting). Today has been a decent day, Thom is very uncomfortable, but he is surviving( the soonest I could get him a doctor's appointment to even schedule the surgery is 2 weeks!), my mom is doing much better, she is using a walker and is confined to the house for 6 weeks, but her spirits are ALOT better, and she is getting around and taking care of herself for the most part, YEAH FOR MOM! So with the beginning of normalcy, I am looking forward to a new, blessed week! Overall it was a VERY draining week. No there are no pictures, cause I would prefer to forget it all together.

4 comments:

Bradshaw Adventures said...

What a horrifying week!! I so wish we lived closer so that I could help during weeks like that!! Let thom and your mom know they are in our prayers-and so are you. Hope you have a much better week!

Blonde African Americans said...

Well, I am not sure there is anything I can say to make it better, but I am glad this week is over for you too!!!-Love T

Carolyn said...

Wow, what an exhausting week! Hope this next one is better for you.

Lovely Rita said...

It's always amazing to me how things will be awful all at once. I am glad that your mom is recovering okay, what a tramatic experience for your kids,though! I'll pray this week goes better.